The Secrets of Lost City - Private
In the eleventh century Angkor Thom was populated by more than one million people, yet at the same time it is estimated that London had a population of only 35,000 inhabitants.Today explore the while city including Bayon, Angkor Wat & the jungle-enveloped Ta Prohm temples.
- Duration 8 hours
- Live Guide Experiences Tour Guide English Speaking Tour Guide
- On Request
- Free Cancellation before 48 hours
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- 8 hours
- Private Tour
The temples of Angkor represent six hundred years (802-1432) of Khmer civilisation - one of Asia's greatest Kingdoms. Today at 8.00 am we set-out from your hotel to visit Angkor Wat the world’s largest sacred building and an architectural masterpiece. Built in the 12th century the temple took 30 years to build and represents the Khmer civilisation at its grandest.
Continue your journey by enter the southern gate of the walled city of Angkor Thom. In the eleventh century Angkor Thom was populated by more than one million people, yet at the same time it is estimated that London had a population of only 35,000 inhabitants. We marvel at the eerie stone heads and evocative bas-reliefs of the Bayon temple, the central structure of Angkor Thom. We move on to the Terrace of Elephants and the Terrace of the Leper King, at the end of the morning return to your hotel for lunch and a swim, and in the afternoon drive to the jungle-enveloped Ta Prohm, one of the most atmospheric of all temples in Angkor. Once home to 2,740 monks, Ta Prohm today looks much as it did in the early 1850s, when French explorer Henri Mouhot 'rediscovered' this crumbling site. At the end of the day, we catch the sunshine (not sunset) at Angkor Wat with golden color, then return to our hotel. Today is a long but fulfilling day which will leave you with lifetime memories of some of the most impressive monuments built by mankind.
Price per person in USD
- Visit major temples Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom City, Bayon, and Ta Prohm Temple
- Experienced English Speaking Tour Guide
- Air-con Vehicle
- Mineral Water
- Pickup and drop off from hotel
- Temples entrance fee
Noted: Extends Days for Angkor Park tickets. (This policy is effective for 4 months from 25th February 2020)
- 1 day ticket is now effective for 2 Days (USD37.00/pax)
- 3 days ticket is now effective for 5 Days (USD62.00/pax)
- 7 days ticket is now effective for 10 Days (USD72.00/pax)
- Booking with no deposit is required and the payment to be collected before tour start
- Dress code is casual but shoulders and knees must be covered inside temples
- For your ventures outside we recommend you leave your airline tickets, passport, and the bulk of your cash/ travellers cheques at your hotel for safekeeping. Just take enough valuables to cover your temples entrance, and be wary of pickpockets.
- One day Temples entrance fee is usd37
8:00am from your hotel lobby