Siem Reap Explorere 1.5 days Angkor Wat Sunrise & Tonle Sap Lake - Small Group
Spend your 2 days with visiting the hilight of Siem Reap. Exploring the incredible temples at Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom, the jungle temple of Ta Prohm and the great lake of Tonle Sap (Fishing Village, Flooded Forest).
- Duration 1.5 days
- Live Guide Experiences Tour Guide English
- Instant Confirmation
- No Deposit Required
- Free Cancellation 24 hours before
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- 1.5 days
- Small Group Tour
- Visit best temples including Sunrise Angkor Wat, Bayon, Ta Prohm and other popular temples
- Visit Kampong Pluk Village (Tonle Sap Lake) or alternative of Phare Circus in the dry season from March - June
- Interact and learn about local life
- Escape the crowd as possible
- Enjoy the great experience with safe and fun days
- Value of money with friendly personal service
Day 1: Temples of Angkor with Sunrise
We begin with a pre-dawn departure from your hotel for sunrise outside Angkor Wat. Enter the great temple in darkness (please bring a torch) from the little-visited eastern side, and creep along hoary cloistered corridors past the longest stretch of bas-relief carvings in the world. Soak up the atmosphere of dawn at Angkor, from the edge of one of the ancient library pools. We then explore the interior of the great temple, spending a thorough two hours discovering the corridors, central chambers and upper terraces of this truly great temple. Your expert local guide will decipher the myriad of stories behind the bas-relief carvings, and give you an insight into life during the height of the Khmer empire.
We end our touring at Angkor with breakfast outside the temple (breakfast is not included), and a short rest. Continue the morning visit the southern Gate of Angkor Thom, flanked by a row of 54 stone figures on each side - gods to the left and demons to the right – and the fortified city of Angkor Thom. At ‘The Bayon’ (12th century) we see its beautifully crafted central towers, covered in more than 200 enormous faces, then explore the famous Terrace of the Leper King, and the Terrace of Elephants. After lunch and a rest break we set out for the jungle-enveloped Ta Prohm – one of the most atmospheric of all temples in Angkor. Once home to 2,740 monks, Ta Prohm today looks much as it did in the early 1850s, when French explorer Henri Mouhot ‘rediscovered’ this crumbling site.
Day 2: Fishing Village (Tonle Sap Lake)
Start your journey morning at 7.30 am depart your hotel for the journey through the countryside to the world’s second largest freshwater Tonle Sap Lake.
The Tonle Sap one of the world’s most productive bodies of fresh water. In the wet season, the Tonle Sap Lake swells to 12,000 km². During the dry half of the year, the lake shrinks to as small as 2,500 km², draining into the Tonle Sap River. Each year, millions of fish come to spawn in the seasonally flooded forest surrounding the lake, attracting a myriad of water birds as well as people, who have settled in villages along the shores and who live with the rhythm of the water. This ecosystem was classified as a Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO in 1997.
Take a boat trip to ‘Kampong Phluk’ a collection of three small fishing villages in an atmospheric flooded forest setting. Cruise through the village and see unique houses on stilts, and Cambodians at work in the floating forest. Our boat will meander slowly through forest canals, allowing you to catch glimpses of flora and fauna, and see a truly beautiful eco-system.
Note: Alternative from the Tonle Sap Lake during the dry season from 01 Mar – 31 June the group will visit Phare The Cambodia Circus instead. Siem Reap’s most unique, authentic top rated evening entertainment. More than just a circus, Phare performers use theater, music, dance and modern circus arts to tell uniquely Cambodian stories; historical, folk and modern. The young circus artists will astonish you with their energy, emotion, enthusiasm and talent.
- Book without credit cards and pay on the day of the tour
- Tour price is based on the number of people in the booking
- Solo travel wichis USD88.00
5 – 11 years old = 22usd
0 – 4 years old are not allowed
- Experienced English Speaking Tour Guide
- Air-con vehicle
- Pickup and drop of from hotel
- Boat cruise
- Tonle Sap entrance fees
- Mineral water
- Temples entrance fee (1 Day - USD37.00/person)
- Booking with no deposit is required and the payment to be collected before tour start
- Dress code is casual but shoulders and knees must be covered inside temples
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- One day Temples entrance fee is usd37
- For your ventures outside we recommend you leave your airline tickets, passport, and the bulk of your cash/ travellers cheques at your hotel for safekeeping.
- Minimum is 2 people per booking
Please be ready at your hotel lobby
Day 1: From 4:30am
Day 2: From 7:30am