Siem Reap Explorer – Temples & Tonle Sap (2.5 Days)- Private
Experience the best of Siem Reap on the Great Lake of Tonle Sap and the awesome Temples of Angkor. Explore the countryside and the real life of Cambodian local people. Take the boat cruise to visit the fishing villages, flooded forest and learn about the world’s second largest freshwater Tonle Sap Lake. Discovery one of Asia’s greatest kingdoms from your historian guide and see major temples during sunrise & sunset.
- Duration 2.5 days
- Live Guide Experiences Tour Guide English
- Instant Confirmation
- No Deposit Required
- Free Cancellation 5 hours before
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- 2.5 days
- Private Tour
- 2.5 days Visit Angkor Wat, Bayon, Ta Prohm, Banteay Srei Sunset & sunrise
- Visit Kampong Pluk Village (Tonle Sap Lake)
- Interact and learn about local life
- Best photos opportunity with sunrise and sunset
- Escape the crowd as possible
- Enjoy the great experience with safe and fun days
- Value of money with friendly personal service
Day 1: Bantreay Srei Temple and Grand Circuit Tour
Today we visit the most interesting temples outside Angkor Thom city. Departing your hotel around 8.00 am, you begin with first stop at Pre Rup Hindu temple built as the state temple of Khmer king Rajendravarman and dedicated in 961 or early 962. It is a temple mountain of combined brick, laterite and sandstone construction.
Continue a drive for the intricately carved and well-preserved Banteay Srei. The detailed reliefs on this smaller sandstone structure are regarded as the finest, most skillfully crafted in Cambodia. Banteay Srei has only been accessible since the late 1990s, when the Khmer Rouge left the area.
Return your journey back and visit Neak Pean temples, an artificial island with a Buddhist temple on a circular island in Jayatataka Baray and continue your afternoon to Preah Khan temple, a ruined but highly atmospheric mélange of tree roots and crumbling stone structures. Construction of this site was commissioned by the great 'temple builder' Jayavaraman VII (in honour of his father) and a visit to this smaller site makes for an interesting contrast with the more imposing Angkor Wat. Preah Khan is currently being restored by the World Monument Fund and in places is in remarkably good condition.
One the way back, enjoy a brief stop and discoveries with an ascent for sunset at Bakheng mountain temple.
Day 2: Temples of Angkor with Sunrise
Begin with a pre-dawn departure for sunrise outside of Angkor Wat. Enter the great temple in darkness (please bring a torch) from the little-visited eastern side, and creep along hoary cloistered corridors past the longest stretch of bas-relief carvings in the world.
End your touring at Angkor with breakfast outside the temple. Continue by moving on to the jungle-enveloped Ta Prohm – one of the most atmospheric of all temples in Angkor. Once home to 2,740 monks, Ta Prohm today looks much as it did in the early 1850s, when French explorer Henri Mouhot ‘rediscovered’ this crumbling site. Move to drive to Ta Nei, a late 12th Century stone temple located in Angkor.
Visit the southern Gate of Angkor Thom, flanked by a row of 54 stone figures on each side - gods to the left and demons to the right – and the fortified city of Angkor Thom. At ‘The Bayon’, you will see its beautifully crafted central towers, covered in more than 200 enormous faces, then explore the famous Terrace of the Leper King and the Terrace of Elephants.
Day 3: Tonle Sap lake of fishing village (swappable)
Start your journey morning at 8.00 am depart your hotel for the journey through the countryside to the world’s second largest freshwater Tonle Sap Lake. Tonle Sap Lake swells to 12,000 km². During the dry half of the year, the lake shrinks to as small as 2,500 km², draining into the Tonle Sap River. Take a boat trip to ‘Kampong Phluk’ a collection of three small fishing villages in an atmospheric flooded forest setting. Enjoy Khmer lunch (Own expense) at the local restaurant and rest after Tonle Sap Lake.
Note: Alternative from the Tonle Sap Lake during the dry season from 01 Mar – 31 June the group will visit Phare The Cambodia Circus instead. Siem Reap’s most unique, authentic top rated evening entertainment. More than just a circus, Phare performers use theater, music, dance and modern circus arts to tell uniquely Cambodian stories; historical, folk and modern. The young circus artists will astonish you with their energy, emotion, enthusiasm and talent.
- Book without credit cards and pay on the day of the tour
- Tour price is base on the number of people in the booking
- Solo traveler is usd326.00
3- 4 pers.
contact for special rate
5 – 11 years old along with 2 adults or more = 59 usd
0 – 4 years old = 0usd
• 2.5 days visit major temple including sunrise & sunset and Tonle Sap Lake (Kampong Pluk)
• License English Speaking Tour Guide
• Kampong Pluk entrance fee and boat cruise
• Travel by air-con vehicle
• Mineral water
• Temples entrance fee (2-3 Days - USD62.00/person)
- Booking with no deposit is required and the payment to be collected before tour start
- Breakfast: If your hotel room includes breakfast please request breakfast pack.
- Dress code is casual but shoulders and knees must be covered inside temples
- Journey Cambodia has joined the "Refill Not Landfill" campaign to reduce disposable bottle waste. We strongly encourage you to bring your own refillable bottles if possible, as water refill is available. In the event that you do not have a refillable bottle, you can join this campaign by purchasing one for a fee of US$5.00 per bottle or borrow one from us and return it back after your tour end.
Please be ready at your hotel lobby as below:
- Day 1: 8:30 am
- Day 2: 4:40 am
- Day 3: 8:00 am