Banteay Srei Temple and Big Tour - Small Group
Visit interesting temples outside Angkor Thom including the intricately carved and well-preserved Banteay Srei. The detailed reliefs on this smaller sandstone structure are regarded as the finest, most skillfully crafted in Cambodia. Banteay Srei has only been accessible since the late 1990s, when the Khmer Rouge left the area.
- Duration 8 hours
- Live Guide Experiences Tour Guide English
- On Request
- Free Cancellation before 48 hours
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- 8 hours
- Small Group Tour
Today we visit the most interesting temples outside Angkor Thom city. Departing your hotel at 8.00 am, you begin with first stop at Pre Rup Hindu temple built as the state temple of Khmer king Rajendravarman and dedicated in 961 or early 962. It is a temple mountain of combined brick, laterite and sandstone construction.
Continue a drive for the intricately carved and well-preserved Banteay Srei. The detailed reliefs on this smaller sandstone structure are regarded as the finest, most skillfully crafted in Cambodia. Banteay Srei has only been accessible since the late 1990s, when the Khmer Rouge left the area. We end our touring at Angkor with lunch at the temple (own expense), and a short rest.
Continue the afternoon by moving on to Preah Khan temple, a ruined but highly atmospheric mélange of tree roots and crumbling stone structures. Construction of this site was commissioned by the great 'temple builder' Jayavaraman VII (in honour of his father) and a visit to this smaller site makes for an interesting contrast with the more imposing Angkor Wat. Preah Khan is currently being restored by the World Monument Fund and in places is in remarkably good condition. Late afternoon return to town after a memorable day exploration.
- Adult = 35usd/pers.
- Children 5-12 years old = 10usd/pers.
- Children under 5 years old are not allow
- Minimum 2 people per booking
- Visit the most skillfully crafted of Banteay Srei
- Experienced English Speaking Tour Guide
- Air-con Vehicle
- Mineral Water
- Pickup and drop off from hotel
- Temples entrance fee
- Booking with no deposit is required and the payment to be collected before tour start
- Dress code is casual but shoulders and knees must be covered inside temples
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- One day Temples entrance fee is usd37
- Not wheelchair accessible
From 7:30am - 8:20am, please be ready at your hotel lobby